As an Aviation Training Provider, Heliwest is one of the most experienced and professional training organisations in Australia today. Heliwest have been in operation for more than 25 years, and actively operate manned and unmanned aircraft every day around the world. This experience provides real world knowledge that few companies in Australia possess.
Heliwest delivers aviation training to government agencies, educational institutions and hundreds of private students annually. As an early adopter organisation, Heliwest was the first manned operator in Australia to be awarded an Unmanned Operators Certificate (UOC – now ReOC) by CASA. This enables Heliwest to produce remote pilots trained to the highest professional standards.
Heliwest offer courses at our headquarters in Jandakot Western Australia, as well as being able to accommodate satellite training solutions for larger groups. It has been our intention and aim to offer the skill set requirements that tick the CASA boxes as well as delivering courses that are insightful, fun and above all extend the superior safety record that the Australian aviation industry enjoys.
Heliwest Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) is compliant with CASA Manual of Standards 101 covering all required topics and providing each student with the most current and up-to-date information regarding the operation of a Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA).
This course includes:
- Complete instruction in the required Theory topics with a qualified flight / theory instructor.
- All Student Course Materials – Take Home Theory book for future Reference
- Aeronautical Radio Licence (AROC) and English Language Proficiency Assessment (ELP)
- CASA approved Remote Pilot Licence Exams
- CASA Remote Pilot Licence Fees and Charges (included)
- Synthetic Simulator Training
- Practical Flight Training of different types of Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA) in class.
Course Theory Covered:
Below are the topics required to be covered by the Manual of Standard 101 for RePL compliance
- RBAK – Basic Aviation Knowledge for Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- RACP – Airspace, Charts and Other Aeronautical Publication for Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- RBMO – Basic Meteorology for Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- REES – Electrical and Electronic Systems for Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- RHPF – Human Performance for Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- RKOP – RPA Knowledge of Operations and Procedures
- RORA – Operation Rules and Rules of the Air for Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA)
- RAFM – Automated Flight Management Systems for Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA)
For more information on Heliwest’s Operations or RePL training packages please Contact Us.
Future Course Dates
For more information on future planned course dates and status CLICK HERE